Attaining UNATU Membership
UNATU membership is open to all teachers of both Government and private schools in Uganda regardless of race or the level of teaching.
- Joining the Union is Voluntary.
- Identify yourself as a teacher at your Branch or regional office nearest to you
- Fill in a membership commitment form
- The teacher’s full name shall then be entered in the Union membership register
- Pay membership and subscription dues which amounts to 1% of one’s monthly basic salary. These deductions are done at source by the Ministries of Public Service and Finance though check off system
- On checking off, the teachers shall then be provided with a membership card with her/his colored passport photo, full name, address and IPPS number.