UNATU exists to promote and protect the social, intellectual, economic and professional interests of its members/teachers as a per-requisite to enhancing the status of teaching profession.
We envisage a high quality, broad based, member driven, self sustaining and independent teacher organization that is capable of serving the needs education and its membership in Uganda
UNATU’s Slogan: “Because We are, The Nation Is”
UNATU’s CORE VALUES
- Transparency, Accountability and integrity: At all levels for effectiveness of our actions and open in our judgment and communication with others and in the use of organization resources.
- Member satisfaction: Requiring us to work towards the benefits and satisfaction of all our members, benefactors and beneficiaries of our actions.
- Solidarity: Standing together as a Union in all that we do and seek to achieve.
- Professionalism: Demonstrate and promote a high degree of professionalism in all our actions.
- Team Work/Collective Action and Responsibility: Seeking to promote team work and collectively celebrate success and mourn the failures.
- Mutual Respect: Recognizing the inmate worth of all members and teams and valuing diversity.
- Justice, Fair dealing/ Equity: Ensuring equal opportunity to all members and beneficiaries, irrespective of background, gender, ethnicity, HIV and AIDS status, location or region among others.
UNATU is guided by the ideals of democracy, human Rights and social justice which have all been enshrined in the UNATU Constitution of December 2010.