10 Bursaries Available!
Uganda National Teachers’
Union (UNATU) in partnership with the Canadian Teachers’ Federation (CTF) is offering bursaries to 10 (ten) female teachers to upgrade their professional qualifications. Both CTF and UNATU are affiliated to Education International.
The aim of this initiative is to get more Female teachers upgrading their professional competencies for better classroom management and delivery and also to build confidence and self-image of the female teachers by upgrading, which may lead to more women teachers participating in decision making.
Available Bursary: The bursary is in form of a contribution
towards fees/tuition with payments commencing in March 2020.
Program Guidelines & Priorities:
- All applicant must be female and subscribing members of UNATU
- Evidence of genuine admission to an institution/University/Teacher Training College is a MUST.
- Priority will be given to teachers from hard to reach and other remote areas of Uganda.
- Teachers with Special Needs are encouraged to apply.
- Preference will be given to beneficiaries who are enrolled for holiday or weekend programs that do not disrupt their normal teaching schedule
* Bursary funds will be paid directly to the College/Institute or
University and not to the student. It will be the student’s responsibility
to submit to UNATU the relevant information pertaining to their tuition/school
* Applicants must have the
endorsement of their Head Teacher on their application attesting they are a
qualified fit for this scholarship program. A Head Teachers’ application
can be endorsed by the Deputy Head Teacher
Application process: The filled application form with a passport photograph can be submitted to the General Secretary UNATU- Teachers House Plot 28 Bombo Road; P.O. Box 377 Kampala; Completed online forms should be sent to this email address: email@example.com
Application forms can be obtained from the UNATU head office and our regional offices countrywide. Application forms can also be downloaded from the UNATU website at www.unatu.org
Deadline: Application deadline is 28th February 2020 by 4:00 p.m. Late applications will not be accepted.
The selection process will be transparent and all names of those who have been selected will be publicized by the end of March 2020.
Submit any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Click to download the Scholarship Form